ORE. DEPT. OF FORESTRY REGULATED CLOSURE PROCLAMATION #3 EFFECTIVE 8/11/17
Tuesday, August 22, 2017 (20:43:43)
Posted by ragnew
STATE OF OREGON DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY
REGULATED CLOSURE PROCLAMATION
Effective: 12:01 a.m., PDT, August 11, 2017
By virtue of the authority vested in me under the provisions of ORS 477.535 to 477.550, I hereby proclaim a Regulated Closure to be in effect in the following subject area:
All lands protected by the Northeast Oregon Forest Protection District and all forestland within one-eighth mile thereof.
Under this Regulated Closure, except as to the owner’s legal right of entry upon their land, entry to all forestland is unlawful unless entrants comply with the following restrictions:
• Open fires are prohibited, even at designated campgrounds, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires.
• Non-industrial use of chain saws is prohibited.
• Internal combustion engine use, except for motor vehicles is prohibited.
• Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads, in boats on the water, or at a cleared area.
• Use of motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all terrain vehicles (ATVs), is prohibited except on improved roads, except for the commercial culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
• Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited.
• Mowing of dried and cured grass with power driven equipment is prohibited.
• Use of fireworks is prohibited.
• Any electric fence controller in use shall be: 1) Listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory or be certified by the Department of Consumer and Business Services; and 2 ) Operated in compliance with manufacturer’s instructions.
The State Forester or an authorized representative may, in writing, approve a modification or waiver of these requirements.
These restrictions shall remain in effect until replaced, suspended, or terminated by an additional proclamation of the State Forester or an authorized representative.
Maps of the subject area may be viewed at the State Forester's Office, in Salem, Oregon, and at principal offices of the Forest Protection District.
Definitions of words and phrases used in this proclamation may be found in ORS 477.001, OAR 629-041-0005.
Joe Hessel, District Forester Northeast Oregon District Oregon Department of Forestry
August 10, 2017