ORE. DEPT. OF FORESTRY REGULATED CLOSURE PROCLAMATION #2, EFFECTIVE 7/26/17
Monday, July 24, 2017 (20:56:11)
Posted by ragnew
STATE OF OREGON
DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY
REGULATED CLOSURE PROCLAMATION
Effective: 12:01 a.m., PDT, July 26th, 2017
By virtue of the authority vested in me under the provisions of ORS 477.535 to 477.550, I hereby proclaim a Regulated Closure to be in effect in the following subject area:
All lands protected by the Northeast Oregon Forest Protection District and all forestland within one-eighth mile thereof.
Under this Regulated Closure, except as to the owner’s legal right of entry upon their land, entry to all forestland is unlawful unless entrants comply with the following restrictions:
• Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
• Debris burning is prohibited, including the use of burn barrels.
• Chain saw use is prohibited, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Chain saw use is permitted at all other hours, if the following fire fighting equipment is present with each operating saw: one axe, one shovel, and one 8 ounce or larger fire extinguisher. In addition, a fire watch is required at least one hour following the use of each saw.
• Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads, in boats on the water, or at a cleared area.
• Use of motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all terrain vehicles (ATVs), is prohibited except on improved roads and for the commercial culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
• Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is permitted at all other hours, if conducted in a cleared area and if a water supply is present, unless specifically waived by the State Forester.
• Mowing of dried and cured grass with power driven equipment is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
• Use of fireworks is prohibited.
• Any electric fence controller in use shall be: 1) Listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory or be certified by the Department of Consumer and Business Services; and 2 ) Operated in compliance with manufacturer’s instructions.
Aside from these restrictions, also prohibited throughout fire season is the use of exploding targets and tracer ammunition.
The Forester may, in writing, approve a modification or waiver of these requirements.
These restrictions shall remain in effect until replaced, suspended, or terminated by an additional proclamation of the Forester.
Maps of the subject area may be viewed at the State Forester's Office, in Salem, Oregon, and at principal offices of the Forest Protection District.
Definitions of words and phrases used in this proclamation may be found in ORS 477.001, OAR 629-041-0005. http://egov.oregon.gov/ODF/FIRE/Closures/definitions.pdf
Joe Hessel, District Forester
Northeast Oregon District
Oregon Department of Forestry
July 7, 2017